So just what are some of the many tasks that SEO Consultants do???
Yes, getting clients sites higher on the search engines. Yes, picking search phrases, rewording pages, reprogramming sites for SEO friendliness, getting links…. training clients so that they can look after their sites for themselves, empowerment…
I was asked for a several line description of the tasks that make up a Search Engine Consultant’s job. I looked at a Job Description-SEO Consultant, and in particular, I looked at the Search Engine Analyst’s part of the job. The following job description on Jobs Marketing Pilgrim.
SEO Consultant / Search Engine Analysts Job Description
The Search Engine Analyst will be responsible for monitoring overall search engine performance for SEM campaigns. The Search Engine Analyst will work with the Search Engine Marketing Manager and Internet Marketing Team to implement search strategies and track the effectiveness of new and existing campaigns.
The successful candidate will have strong analytic capabilities with specific knowledge of online marketing analytics. The Search Engine Analyst is expected to produce daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting; assigned analytic projects; and produce independent analysis to help search engine strategy.
Provide support and analysis for the Search Engine marketing team including:
- Monitor, track, and report on paid search metrics, including trend analysis.
- Provide support for search engine optimization recommendations.
- Interact with copywriter and web service manager to optimize copy and landing pages for Search Engine Marketing.
- Provide ad-hoc support for the Search Engine Marketing team including:
- Set up of new campaigns
- QA creative
- Assist in Keyword discovery and expansion
- Top keywords raking by category
- ROI by Campaign, Site, and Category
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
From another advert:
- Back link strategy and implementation
- Directory submissions and revisions
- Internal link optimization
- SEO technical analysis and evaluation
- Website remediation
- Key phrase research
- META optimization
- Stay up to date on the latest industry developments
- A degree in business, marketing, communications or related subjects.
- 1+ years previous online marketing experience. Ad agency or online direct marketing background a plus.
- Self motivated, detail oriented and able to prioritize daily work efficiently.
- Exceptional communication skills. Show superior judgment and professionalism when corresponding with partners and team members.
- Demonstrate a proactive work ethic when managing numerous competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes.
- Able to analyze metric data and convey recommendations appropriately to supervisors.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BA or Associates Degree required.
##What do other SEO Consultants look like I employ people from India and the Philippines to help me with aspects of the job. I was interested to receive an email from an SEO Consultant from Pakistan. Abdul Hayi Mansoore holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science, amongst other qualifications, and has been involved in SEO for a number of years. I enjoy having contact with people from around the world. Being an SEO consultant certainly involves building up relationships with other like minded people. No one person has all the answers.
SearchMasters have the skills
Not a bad list! And I consider that I certainly would be a good fit for the position. They are all skills that I have on offer when doing the Search Engine Optimisation work for a business.
I was made aware of the requirement for such skills when I was approached for a Google adwords campaign. My questions of why, how the success could be measured, landing pages, why spend so much - why not spend more, when are people buying… Its not just a matter of putting up some ads. If its sales that you are after, the process needs to be managed.